Petition to support Calderdale pubs
Save Calderdale Pubs is a campaign established by Calderdale Liberal Democrats. It seeks to protect and champion local pubs, and breweries within Calderdale. The petition calls on Calderdale council to:
- Support communities to list pubs as Assets of Community Value.
- Ensure that pubs of historic or architectural interest without a statutorily listing are included on the Council’s Local Heritage List.
- Promote and champion award winning local pubs & beers that are brewed in Calderdale.
- Investigate the use of the CAMRA Public House Viability Test as a tool when considering planning applications involving pubs.
- Lobby the Government to close the loophole that allows pubs to be converted or demolished without planning permission so that any change of use or proposal for demolition is subject to planning approval.
- Lobby local MPs and political representatives to support CAMRA's Fair Deal for your Local campaign.
- Lobby government to reduce tax on beer which is killing local community pubs and leading people to buy cheaper drinks which they consumer at home.
- Ask the communities scrutiny panel to investigate ways to improve links between pubs, local services and organisations with a view to incorporating them into community hubs.
Businesses Supporting Our Campaign
Zest Design and Print
HBs Hair and Beauty
Splash n Dash
C N Autos
Andrew J Hirst
West Vale Filling Stn
Sunside Service Station
Sunside Tyre & Battery
Sunside Car Wash
West Vale Fisheries
Fletcher Family Fisheries
Orange Mountain Bikes
Armitages Garden Centre
Broster Farm shop
all party Parliamentary save the pub group
Greg Mulholland MP, the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Save the Pub Group has sent a message of support.
Messages of support from...
"I of course will do all I can do to help. Just let me know if there is anything specific that I can help with or indeed any events which I can support.
Good luck and keep me informed"
Michael Parkinson who wishes us luck and by way of support, sent a copy of his book for us to raffle.
Richard Madely sent us a tweet wishing us well with the Al Stewart show!